Monday, January 28, 2008

Of Blogs and Blogging

Do you blog?

I do. ( duh... you're reading mine, silly..)

Some friends still don't see the purpose of people blogging. Some make blogs as their personal diary, some make it as their traveling notes, some just use it to burst their thoughts of anger and maybe anguish? into words.. some just want to brush up their writing skills ( I fall into this category) and thousands other reasons..
but whatever the reasons may be, blogging also means you are going public about your private life. Except of course if you choose to make ur blog a private blog where only people you trust can read yours. mm.. maybe I should consider this option later..

The question is... how public can one be? or how private should u keep yourself?

My niece who just started friendster said that she purposely didn't upload any of her pics nor any infos that could lead to her real self in the real world. She's using pseudos which I on the other hand think it defeats the purpose of using friendster for I'm using it to get connected to friends whom I know in the real world. I don't simply accept people I don't know as friends.

As much as I want to tell the world how lousy I felt when things are not quite right with my husband and I.. or how I really want to blog about this certain people who just made my blood pressure shoot way beyond acceptable range, I still refrain myself from doing so in every tiny detail like some people do,... for fear of well.. being too private and too real.

I don't know..
mm maybe I'm just not comfortable when someone in Brazil knows if my husband said something very romantic yesterday, or someone in Russia is reading about how sore my breast is after pumping 2 pint of milk.. (2 pint? gosh..)

These are too private for me to share with you. i can tell you a bit about my life, a bit about my work, and ..

a lot about my thoughts.. this is after all is... a world of my thoughts.

and not a world of my real world...

I don't know, this is me and I am not the same as you


2 comments:

intheocean said...

on blogging about other people: kalau tak betul dah jatuh fitnah. kalau betul dan teruk, dah kira membuka aib. kena blog benda baik je la kot - ha ha - tak pun benda sendiri-sendiri, which is an interesting thing, you get to know yourself better.

i guess, to each, his own :)) pandai buat, pandai tanggung sendiri. jangan lepas buat tanya "Why? Why me?" udah!

Naa said...

hey there, lama tak dengar cerita.. r u going back for the election or r u going to vote here... ? Ke tak register lagi?? Ya la.. i think it's good to be able to voice out your thoughts but at the same time we must be aware of the consequences... don't want to spend your life turun naik court sebab kena saman , right?