Wednesday, December 19, 2012

So, you want to be a dentist?- Part 2

Yoohoo! How are you people? I have an update for my entry So, You Want To Be A Dentist . 
Good news y'all, the government has reduced the compulsory service from 3 years to 2 years so you who can't wait to jump into the money churning business of being a private dentist attending to high end clients, you are one year shorter to your dream!! But rumour has it that if you know the minister, you can actually try your luck and ask his permission for your compulsory service to be even shorter! Remember, it's the rumours.. not me ok! So stop going to the authorities and suggest them to take disciplinary action against me. Get a life you! you know who you are!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, stumbled upon your blog when i googled 'working as a public dentist in malaysia'. IS it true? 2 years as a dental officer????
I just returned to Kota Kinabalu after having my baby. Been in Melbourne, Australia for a while now. Am currently trying to get my online application sorted. Is it just through the sp8i thing?? It basically wants me to fill in my PMR, SPM, Bachelor degree...and contact details. Thats it? So now i wait for an Offer letter?

Naa said...

Hey Vanessa,

Congratulations (for both the baby and graduation)! Well, it's 2 years now.. that's what my sources in the ministry told me and I remember verifying the info with the Malaysian Dental Council website as well.
Just out of curiosity.. I assume you have registered yourself with the Malaysian Dental Council already, right? When you register, it is their duty to call you for interview as soon as possible (for them). Well, good luck and have fun exploring the difference of practising dentistry in Malaysia compared to where you earned your degree ;)

Unknown said...

hi there. greetings, im currently awaiting my posting as pegawai pergigian. may i please know, how to join the armed forces as a dentist? thank you..

Naa said...

hi there unknown,

Sorry for the long wait. I guess you already found out by now how to join the armed forces, huh? Actually, I myself am not sure... What I do know is, the MOH has further shortened their compulsory service from 2 years to 1 year. So I supposed after that compulsory 1 year, you are free to go anywhere you want. Even to go and join the army. Do update us your latest status. All the best!