Friday, December 22, 2006

banjir

i used to like banjir. why? maybe because i've never experienced a real one yet. I grew up in Terengganu, a state famous for flood during the rainy season. But my parents' place were never affected by flood. Not even flashflood. I used to envy those who got to ride boats for evacuation, those who didn't have to go to school because their schools were flooded. To my tiny little brain, they looked like they were having fun splashing in the water.
Silly, huh.
After I grew bigger and older, I realized how bad and dangerous flood can be .
Seeing all those damages done, and some even claimed people's lives.

Like what we have in Johor and Malacca now. I feel sorry for all of them.
I wonder, will the government give any financial help to those poor people?
Or will the media starts collecting donations from the public? I hope they do, and do it fast for the new school semester is going to start soon. And do it fast for they are Malaysians!
I believe that we must put Malaysians need before everyone else in the world. Don't go helping other people when your own people is suffering.
This reminds me of one Malay saying-
" kera di hutan di susukan, anak di rumah mati kelaparan"
( Am I right or not Mr Karam Singh Walia?)

So, kids, listen to ur mums and dads. don't play -play ah..

but i prefer my roti canai - banjir.

No comments: